Company Sales Manager Position
TM is a web development and digital marketing agency located in Royal Oak, Michigan. We build, maintain, and help our clients achieve success online for over 23 years.
We currently have a Sales Manager position available for the right individual demonstrating leadership, experience, and the ability to deliver client services on time and within budget.
The Sales Manager (SM) is responsible for leading sales teams to reach sales targets for the company. The SM is primarily tasked with hiring and training team members, creating and maintaining forecasts, setting quotas, evaluating and adjusting performance, and developing processes that drive sales. Working alongside other company departments and with the Chief Operations Officer, the SM refines the sales process including how to coach, advise, motivate, or replace sales representatives until they have created a high-performance sales force.
- Responsible for people management: recruitment, training, support, and development of their sales team.
- Manages staff, including AMs, to ensure sales opportunities are realized.
- Set, own, and manage sales goals for the team.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasts.
- Serves as the point person for the sales staff, providing guidance, talent acquisition, and training.
- Train, coach, mentor, and provide constructive feedback to sales staff in order to help them reach sales goals.
- Make decisions based on facts, figures, and analysis of sales cycles that foster change and modifications to the presentation of our products and services.
- Meet with sales representatives one-on-one weekly to review performance, progress, and targets.
- Deliver deep performance reviews for each individual sales representative each quarter.
- Participate in spontaneous sales call rides and planned field days.
- Counsel, support, discipline, and terminate underperforming sales representatives alongside GM and HR.
- Develop a scalable sales process and ensure representatives adhere to it appropriately.
- Ensure that representatives use company-defined sales technologies, such as CRM, correctly.
- Plan and implement training programs.
- Hold regular skills training sessions with internal or external sales trainers.
- Motivate and engage the sales team with monetary and non-monetary motivational tactics, such as sales contests, lucrative incentive packages, prizes, and public recognition.
- Work with AMs and PMs to audit project budgets and ensure that margins are being realized by the end of a project’s life cycle.
- Resolve escalated customer issues and customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Provide expertise when setting and adjusting pricing plans and discount rates
- Competitive salary, great benefits, not to mention the casual yet dynamic work environment, flexible work schedules.