You are a web developer who can see the bigger picture!
TM is a full-service digital agency that has been building websites, creating custom web software, and doing SEO and other online marketing for over 23 years. Our team is full of dedicated, passionate, lovable coders, designers, and marketers. We have a Lead Developer position available for an individual with strong programming, communication and leadership skills.
Developers here at TM are at the core of what we do: Crafting and building well-scoped, usable, and performant applications every day. We have high expectations for work quality, work ethic, tenacity, and on-time delivery.
- Do you enjoy collaboration and challenges?
- Do you use thought and logic when making decisions?
- Do you know how to have fun, and also take the quality of your work seriously?
- Do you take ownership of tasks and run them all the way through the finish line?
- Can you take direction and feedback with pleasure?
- Can you hold other accountable?
- Can you work independently with confidence?
The Lead Developer is the primary point of contact for any development related questions arising from the development team and other silos within the company, including server administrators. As the Lead Developer you will work closely with the GM to outline and/or improve development related processes, represent the development silo in collaborative/client meetings (when appropriate), facilitate internal developer team meetings, and assist in the hiring and training of new developers. In addition to these leadership related responsibilities, the lead developer is also responsible to complete tasks and projects as assigned by the Project Management team.
- Facilitate morning meetings with Dev Team
- Facilitate weekly training and collaboration meetings with Dev Team
- Maintain the TM Development Space in ClickUp (our project management system)
- Review process documentation, improving/creating as directed by GM
- Project Templates (in collaboration with the PM Team)
- Task Templates (in collaboration with the PM Team)
- KnowledgeBase Articles
- Readme files
- Assist in the hiring and training of new developers
- Review and refine job posting templates
- Assist the GM in the development screening portion of the interview process
- Assist in the creation of a ‘New Developer Onboarding Process’
- Complete client tasks and projects in a timely manner (defined by SOWs and estimates) as assigned by the Project Management Team
- Note: the Project Management Team will be aware of other meetings, and initiatives and will have specific directive regarding the number of hours that can be assigned to the Lead Developer
- Work with the Project Management team to facilitate and complete server related tasks
- Be the primary point of contact for external server administrators approved to work on company and client servers by GM
- Work with GM and PM Team to develop a process for creating server related tasks, obtaining estimates and timelines, obtaining work approval, and confirmation of completed work
- Conduct your composure and communicate in a calm and professional manner at all times
- Experience with LAMP powered environments
- Strong proficiency with Linux CLI
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS (including SASS)
- Strong understanding of PHP (Laravel or other MVC experience a must)
- Strong understanding of SQL with the ability to write queries
- Experience with reactive frameworks like Vue, Angular, or React (Vue is a plus)
- Knowledge of one or more common data formats like JSON, YAML, CSV, etc
- Experience working with Node tooling (Webpack etc)
- Experience with CMS (WordPress a big plus and WooCommerce a plus)
- Experience with Git (Bitbucket a plus)
- Ability to work both collaboratively and/or solo
- A solid history of work product
- Use of either the word: extravagant or personification in your cover letter
- A strong work ethic including creativity, integrity, accountability, and passion
- Ability to follow process/instruction, and also bring ideas and suggestions to the table often to drive constant process improvements
- Ability, willingness, and proper instincts for when to dive in and read the source code of dependencies and libraries utilized
- Requirement documentation writing and software scoping processes experience
- Experience giving accurate estimates for deliverables based on provided requirements
- Experience working with, fixing bugs in, modifying, and extending existing/legacy code
- Leadership skills. Willingness to take ownership and maintain solution oriented in the face of adversity
Skills and Experience we’re looking for that are a bonus to have (but not required)
- Apache server configuration/management
- Experience working with DNS
- Experience, familiarity, and comfort managing computers including remote servers via the command line
- Experience working with Cloud Platforms
- Experience with WHM and or Cpanel
- Deployment automation experience (Bitbucket Pipelines)
- Experience building docker containers to support our DevOps pipelines (adding proper dependencies and removing excess etc)
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies (manual, integration, unit, UI)
- Deeper SQL knowledge like indexes is a huge plus
- High-level usability/accessibility knowledge and understanding
- Web marketing domain knowledge – Google Analytics etc (helps to interface with the Marketing Team)
- Ecommerce specific experience
- Experience working with payment processing APIs like Stripe
- Experience integrating HTTP (mostly RESTful) APIs
- Experience working with and cleaning data (especially in CSV format)
- Customer service experience
- SSL/TLS experience
- Computer Science background
- Experience with a Git workflow as part of a Team (deep understanding of branching and rebasing a big plus)
What you can expect from us
- A fair and competitive salary, based on your experience and what you bring to the table
- A great crew to grow and build together with
- A fast-paced, non-corporate environment with flexible scheduling (including work from home opportunities)
- 18 days of PTO, in addition to paid holidays
- Health, vision, dental, and short-term disability insurance (Domestic Hires Only!)
- 401K with employer match