We’re ready for some more power in the house.
TM is a web-only agency that’s been doing everything from websites to custom web software (and everything else web in-between) since 1998. This is a tight-knit group, but we love welcoming new people, and love hard work and dedication even more. We know our stuff, and we’re the size we are on purpose – but, we’re purposefully growing, and we’re ready to bring in some new talent.
Who We Are:
- We have around a hundred active clients, half of which are on monthly retainer with us.
- We do all custom, hand-coded work here – all on Macs and mostly with the LAMP based technologies.
- We work really hard and try to have a lot of fun too, when we can.
- We have flex-time, paid time off, insurance, snacks, a punching bag and puppets.
- Most of our team is self-taught and everyone is very passionate about what they do. Most have over a decade in the industry, but we’ve got a couple of n00bs too.
- We don’t just build websites. We also build huge pieces of custom web software and develop/execute kick-ass online marketing campaigns for our clients too.
- We’re cool with teaching new people what we know, if they have the attitude and the ambition.
Your capabilities and knowledge must be:
- A thorough understanding and several years of experience with PHP/MySQL, Object Oriented PHP a plus.
- Strong knowledge of xHTML/HTML5, CSS, js (jquery), etc.
- Experience with multiple frameworks, or at least one
- At least, basic Photoshop knowledge and the ability to make/cutout small graphics and save them in an appropriate format and size.
- Be able to build a site in a testing environment so that it can be easily transferred to its permanent home (relative paths/links, etc.)
- Understands bugs and hacks and know when it’s OK to use them, and when stuff is just broken. :)
- Can test a site completely. Everything from links and code validity to load times and spell checking.
We are looking for someone who:
- Takes responsibility for their tasks
- Pays attention to details
- Works well with a team or independently
- Loves what they do and the challenges it brings
- Works with minimal instruction, but can take direction, advice and instructions too
- Can do things quickly and correctly the first time, can see potential issues before they become issues and fixes them or points them out
- Always wants to learn more…we live, eat and breathe this stuff. You should too. :)
There’s a lot for us to find out about you. We’re looking for a key player on our team who has the potential to grow into another position in the future. Your personality and attitude are very important.