New to Instagram? No worries! If you are a brand, influencer, or user that needs to convert an Instagram profile from a personal account to a business account, we’ve got you!
Will a Business Account Cost Me Money?!?
Absolutely not. Instagram will not charge you to convert your personal account to a business account. But what it does do, is allow you to pay for advertisements on Instagram and Facebook.
What are the other benefits? Look no further…
The Top 3 Perks of an Instagram Business Account
With an Instagram Business account, you have access to CTA, or Call-To-Action, buttons at the top of your profile. You can add contact information for customers so they can call, email, or find directions to your business. They’ll be able to do this right from the app, which eliminates the need to search your website for contact information.
It does this both to make your life easier, and to keep you in-app. They don’t want you to leave! They do this so well, it’s probably why we’re all so addicted.
Instagram now lets you find out who is viewing your profile. Finally!
Why is Instagram Analytics so awesome? Well, through analytics you can see:
- Your total amount of followers + how many followers you’ve gained over the last 7 days.
- Who is viewing your posts?
- Your total amount of posts + how many posts you’ve made over the last 7 days.
- How many impressions, reach, profile views and website clicks you have received over the last 7 days + what days did you have those impressions.
- What percentage of your followers are male or female.
- What is the age range of your followers?
- The top 5 cities and countries that visit your profile.
- What days and what time your followers are engaging with you.
- Who is viewing your stories?
- Who is viewing your promotions?
Instagram now lets you find out who is viewing your profile. Finally! With tools such as Jarvee VPS hosted on a Citrix Virtual Desktop, you can try automating your Instagram posts with accurate user insights and analytics.
This data is super important since it helps determine the demographic that’s attracted to your Instagram page and if they match your target demographic.
It also helps double check to see if you’re posting enough, or at the right times. All this data is aggregated into one place, with promotional data and campaign success outlined, too.
It’s all there.
3. Instagram Ads
Create promotions with Instagram Ads that will reach users inside of the platform. These promotions help brands or profiles get in front of the right people, at the right time. Ads can be run simultaneously on Facebook, giving you extra bang for your buck. This is possible since each Instagram account is also connected to Facebook Business Pages, and Facebook owns Instagram. It’s a no-brainer!
Instagram can also create audiences for you, or you can choose exactly who you want your target to be. Create an array of ads, just like Facebook, and get your brand noticed immediately!
Types of Ads:
- Carousel- which is a series of pictures and/or videos
How do I change my personal account to a business account?
- Go to your profile from the mobile app and tap Settings.
- Tap Account.
- At the bottom, tap Switch to Business Profile/Professional Account and select the Facebook Page you’d like to associate with your Business Profile on Instagram with.
- Make sure your profile is set to Public. Note: Private accounts can’t switch to Business Accounts.
- On the Set Up Your Business Profile page, review your business’s contact information, make any changes and tap Done.
Now you’re all set! Depending on how frequently you post, comment, like and engage with your audience, depends on how quickly your data is ready to view. Usually, you can see it over the next few days.