CSS style sheets allow better control pf web pages during their development. Cascading Style Sheets or CSS are style sheets that are linked into the other documents of your site and let’s you take control of a wide variety of aspects of your site.
While the (x)HTML of your site deals with the actual content and structure of your website, one CSS file has have power over the fonts, colors, positioning, styling of the data for the entire website. Doing this helps avoid code bloat in your pages, makes them load faster, render across different media types, and the benefits go on and on….
There are many benefits to using CSS, and they are listed below.
– Web pages load easier and they use less bandwidth: many web developers like to use CSS style sheets because they don’t use as much bandwidth as table layouts do. The sheets are downloaded once and stored in cache memory so pages will load quicker.
– CSS goes well with HTML: when HTML is added to CSS they make well-built, technical sites.
– CSS will let you position components anywhere on the page: developers really like CSS because they can put elements anywhere they feel like. It is easier for them to make changes on sites they are working on. CSS decreases the risks that deal with website maintenance.
– CSS is compatible with every web browser: it is mixed with HTML or XHTML to produce web applications because it is compatible with all kind of web browsers.
– CSS may be used to produce print friendly web pages: web developers also like to use CSS because they can produce print friendly pages. This means the items like images or colors which used to be difficult to print are now printed up simply.
– CSS lest users customize web pages: lots of current websites let users change the layout or theme of the site without changing the content. Because CSS sheets are stowed externally, the users can make changes on their own. Items like the style of font are now able to be changed.
– Your website will be highlighted in the search engines easier: developers like CSS because they can put components anywhere on the page. This positioning assists in launching the key contents first so the spiders can find them. The HTML code of CSS is simpler and it will make the spider’s job easier by getting them to the real content quicker.
– CSS lets the web pages stay consistent: every expression and text will have characteristics from the external style sheets. Developers don’t need to fret about the characteristic changes in the elements because they have the ability to be changed at any time with the CSS.
– CSS makes content moveable: with CSS there can be many style sheets for various media. This lets you have some give when displaying the content. You can also change the characteristics of the components in the site to fit your situation.
The point of CSS is to make things easier on your website and let you have control over many components on the site. You can use these advantages to have more user-friendly pages that search engines also embrace well.
If you need help understanding CSS more, or would like to have your site evalueated pleae contact us at 248-582-9210, online or comment to this post.